Immunopathology is a branch of medicine which deals with immune responses associated with the disease. It also includes the study of an organ or organ system with respect to the immune system. It refers to the damage caused to an organism by its own immune response, because of infection. Immune reactions are evolved as a mechanism for defense against infectious organisms. Patients who are unable to mount a specific immune response to infections are vigorously treated. The immune reactions have protective functions which are required to sustain life in the environmental pathogens is provided by diseases in which the immune system is compromised, the so-called immune deficiency diseases.
- Track 1-1 Biology of Immune system
- Track 2-2 Hypersensitivity reactions
- Track 3-3 Autoimmunity and Autoimmune disease
- Track 4-4 Immunodeficiency
- Track 5-5 Immunoprophylaxis